View Single Post
Old
06-28-2010, 11:39 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

vCash: 500
Awards:
Everyone should read through his blog entries at THN. Seems he may be yet another "fell due to injury player" along with Pysyk. Here's another entry:

Quote:
This season has gotten off to a rough start with absolutely no luck, unfortunately.

In the last shift of our last pre-season game against the Peterborough Petes, I had an awkward fall and sustained a high ankle sprain, tearing three ligaments. I learned I was going to miss the first eight weeks of my season with my new team, the Mississauga-St. Mike’s Majors.

This was upsetting, but I remained positive because I understood there would still be a good chunk of the season left, so the goal was to do extensive rehab and treatments everyday.

Rehab included balancing on unstable surface boards, a series of lunges to strengthen my ankle and hitting the bike everyday.

Once I was able to start skating again, I was dealt another blow; a staph infection in the same ankle I had just injured.

After I was diagnosed with the staph infection, which is very painful and caused the ankle to swell up to the size of a couple tennis balls, I went on strong medication to rid the infection.
Quote:
Nine games later, we were on a road trip, visiting Sudbury and Sault Ste. Marie.

Halfway into the second period, I received a pass up the middle of the ice and my good buddy, the Soo’s Brock Beukeboom, stepped into me with a clean hit. I was down low to the ice and ‘Beuk’ came down on the top of my shoulder, which caused it to slip out of joint.