Old
06-28-2010, 01:02 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJP View Post
At this point, I think they're just humoring Delorme by keeping him on staff just to do the opposite of what he'd do. Under Burke or Nonis, would they ever take a flyer on a guy who plays in PEI? Quick sidenote, my better half is from PEI, big Habs fan, when I told her we took Polasek, she said: 'well, I can care a little bit about the Canucks now.' Baby steps, folks, baby steps.

Gillis: "So Ron, who do you think we should take at #145?"
Delorme: "There's this kid playing for the Aldergrove Grizzlies of the PIJHL, one of the best practice--"
MG: "Canucks select Adam Polasek, PEI Rocket."
RD: "****"
I laughed pretty hard at that. Also got a chuckle out of the article talking about how Delorme was "ashen faced" when he realized the Canucks had no picks through the first three rounds.

Polasek is definitely intriguing. A little bit older, to be sure, but we're all pretty happy with how Kevin Connauton has progressed, and he was virtually the same situation. Passed over in '08, but had a very strong year in the NCAA and then came over to play in the Dub. Polasek's already in junior, so bonus. I'm curious to see how he does at camp this year.

Mr. Canucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote