View Single Post
Old
06-28-2010, 01:01 PM
crazyforhockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by banana phone View Post
I actually ran into SOB a few weeks ago in Vancouver (he was in town for UFC), and he told me his agent let him know the Canucks would qualify him and probably go the arbitration route.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Foot View Post
Things change.
Strangely I believe you more than I trust the clowns on 1040 however. Doesn't fit in with Gillis's methodical ways to just let him leave for nothing when he can still be an asset.
Commitment aside, he did play with a ton of heart in the playoffs, don't forget. There are worse things we could do than keeping SOB (ie keeping #3).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vajakki View Post
Gillis said at the draft that he would qualify everyone, so I don't believe this report is correct. Even if SOB didn't have roster spot, it would be poor asset management to let him walk for free.

I'd like to see SOB back. He's better than Alberts basically every night, better than Rome most nights and we could definitely use his kind of player with Ballard running around and not having the specific skills to back it up.
gets signed for cheap alot of teams will be looking for dmen after the intial signings.

crazyforhockey is offline   Reply With Quote