Old
06-28-2010, 01:28 PM
Blacksheep71

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
I would like to see Tallon:

1. Sign Lombardi
2. Trade Vokoun, Stillman, Reinprecht, Dvorak, and hopefully, Olesz at the deadline.

Thats pretty much it. As long as we are willing to spend like we have the past few seasons, I want us to be as low as possible, payroll wise, entering next offseason. Lets get one of Couturier, Larson, or Hopkins in the draft, and put Tallon in a financial position to really improve this team.

OT: Could you imagine a top four defense of Gudbranson, Kulikov, Larson, and Robak
I disagree a little.

I'd like us to engineer a trade with the Oilers and get a center or two. They have minimal depth on the wing, and are loaded down the middle with over a dozen centers to the point where they are playing them out of position. Evgeni Dadanov for a 3rd/4th liner like Pouilet or O'Marra gets rid of a problem and gives us a little depth.

If Markstrom does well in the AHL then trade Vokoun and maybe Stillman. Keep Reinprecht because we are light in the middle, Dvorak for experience, and use Olesz properly. His record before he was drafted shows he didn't have a goalscoring record, but used properly could be as effective as Ladd. We'll get less for him, anyway and he's only 24 so lets see.

Winning becomes a habit, so I don't want a top pick because it means failure.

However we must upgrade our scouting on both sides of the Atlantic. They two most successful teams on the last 20years, the New Jersey Devils and Detroit Red Wings, have found too many gems there for it to be a coincidence - the Devils usually spend at least a quarter of their picks on Euros, the RedWings over a third.

Clearly they are not getting it wrong!!

Blacksheep71 is offline   Reply With Quote