View Single Post
Old
06-28-2010, 05:07 PM
mikedifr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
This.

Turco remains my first choice. While I can't say that Nabokov is necessarily a lesser goalie than Turco, I think the difference in talent is far closer than some might suspect.

I think Turco's been under-appreciated due to his crappy team while Nabokov has been over-appreciated due to his contending team.

I want Turco. I'd be willing to go as high as $3.5m per for him, and I'm the guy who refuses to pay goalies more than $4.0m per.
$3.5 for a "top" goalie isnt bad, especially with the cap going up....Like I said, I prefer him above Nabokov, but I dont want any more than 2-3 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
I'd be fine with up to like 3.5 million for him.

Have you even bothered looking at Turco's playoff stats in the last 2 years he made it?

06-07 GAA 1.30 SV% .952
08-09 GAA 2.08 SV% .922

Mason's best year (he has only played 2 years in POs) is still worse than both of those.

I order:

Turco
Ellis
Mason
Nabokov
Turco has won less playoff series than Leighton, hasnt he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
That's because Ellis isn't good enough to be a starter in the playoffs. He's a poor man's Biron at best.
And you know that based on his one time in the playoffs and one season as the starting goalie???

Did you look at his playoff stats in his one appearance?

2007-08 Nashville NHL 6 2 4 - 357 15 240 2.52 .938

Factoring in age, he is my first choice of anyone available, depending on money. If Reese can make Leighton a good goalie, what can he do with someone that was already a good NHL goalie?

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote