View Single Post
Old
06-28-2010, 06:06 PM
Wetcoaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitseleh View Post
I think the team can elect for arbitration before he can accept his QO. Might be wrong on that though and I don't have time to look right now. Someone (Wetcoaster?) can correct me if I'm wrong.
Yes that can happen. QO's have an automatic expiry date of 15 July but that can be extended at the sole discretion of the Club. Also a QO cannot be accepted by the player until 1 July:

Player arbitration elections must be made by 5 July @ 5pm New York time and if a player has not accepted the QO nor elected arbitration, the Club can than elect.

The club has a short window to elect if a player has not elected arbitration nor accepted the QO - commencing July 5 at 5:00 p.m. New York time and ending July 6 at 5:00 p.m. New York time.

Also a team can elect arbitration in lieu of tendering a QO if the player made over $1.5 million. CBA 12.3 (a)
Quote:
If a Player who is otherwise eligible to receive a Qualifying Offer and become a Group 2 Restricted Free Agent had a Paragraph 1 NHL Salary plus Signing, Roster and Reporting Bonuses in excess of $1,500,000 in the aggregate in the final League Year of his most recent SPC, a Club may elect to file for salary arbitration to determine the Player's Paragraph 1 Salary for the upcoming League Year in lieu of making a Qualifying Offer to such Player.
There is a special time limit for this election in lieu of a QO - "not later than 5:00 p.m. New York time on the later of June 15 or 48 hours after the conclusion of the Stanley Cup Finals in the League Year prior to the League Year for which the Club seeks to determine a Player's Paragraph 1 Salary by arbitration."

Wetcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote