View Single Post
Old
06-28-2010, 05:33 PM
Christina Woloski
Registered Something

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
In a Canuck uniform Shane O'Brien has taken 57 minor penalties and drawn 9 according to 'behind the net'. I don't think you'll find a player in the NHL with a worse ratio than that. IMO you just can't have those types of numbers from your bottom pairing defensemen or 4th line forwards. Does O'Brien bring enough 'toughness' or solid defensive play to look past those numbers? Not likely.

Moving O'Brien and Bieksa will go a long way to reducing the times shorthanded for the Canucks. IMO that has to be as big a priority as addressing the PK itself. Elite teams often don't spend much time in the penalty box and this should be a big consideration when looking at player personnel this summer.

!... everyone's talking about OB's off ice activities as if there's isn't another 100 other NHLers doing the same thing, just a bit less obvious. If you're going to tell me that all these rich, 20-something guys who have a bit of notoriety aren't going out and taking advantage of that, you're trippin' balls. OB just rolls with his heart on his sleeve and opens his mouth a bit much.

And if immaturity is OB's biggest problem, time should simply solve it, right? He made gigantic strides this last year; if he has the same progression as last year he'll be an excellent 5th - 6th dman and probably deserving of a 4th spot on some other teams. I'd hate to see him go and this is coming from someone who hated him before.... ...he proved a lot last season IMO.

Christina Woloski is offline   Reply With Quote