Thread: Brian Boyle
View Single Post
Old
03-27-2005, 01:15 PM
T2M

vCash: 500
I don't know. Stewart does have that great physical game, but he sure doesn't have Tambellini's upside. Florida homers will tell you that Stewart played on the fourth line at this year's world juniors out of selflessness and for the good of the team. The truth is that he just didn't play well, and for an "offensive" prospect, I haven't seen encouraging numbers playing in the OHL. His upside seems to be a top notch second/third liner, but he's a very safe bet to be an NHLer. Boyle and Tambs are bigger risks, but right now, they both look like top 6ers and with Boyle, man, sky's the limit. A year ago I would have said Stewart over Tambellini. Now..... it's close, depends on what you want. Remember, not all of the future will be playing for us. Do the "possible lines" thing:

Frolov - Cammy - Brown
Pushy - Boyle - Tukonen
Tambs - Lehoux - Karlsson (and I'm betting on Karlsson making it as a third liner)

That's a nasty top 9 right there, but it's also not making the most of Tambs. Insert Stewart onto that third line and man.... that's pretty mean. At this point the least likely of those 9 to make it Karlsson, which means we have to find room for 8 top notch forwards? It's a great problem to have, but sometimes you want an exceptional third liner over a good second liner.

Ahhhhhhh.... the joys of player management.

T2M