Thread: Speculation: Redden to be waived at end of camp
View Single Post
Old
06-29-2010, 10:19 AM
John Torturella

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henrik 30 View Post
Maybe Dolan will be O.K with it if Sather tells him he's burying Redden for Kovalchuk? We all know Dolan pretty much only cares about money. He knows how much attention Kovalchuk will receive. I'm sure if he knew Redden was being buried for Kovalchuk, he wouldn't have a big problem with it.

As for people concerned that it might stop potential free agents from signing here, I really hope it does. If we go to sign a free agent, and he is afraid to sign here because he thinks he might be buried in the minors, I'd be glad we scared him off. We don't need a player who lacks that much courage or skill in our line up, who thinks that their play is AHL caliber. The Rangers are a first class organization. All of the players around the league know this. The players get treated like royalty. Getting rid of a player who is on the worst contract since the lock-out, really shouldn't stop us from luring future free agents in.
It really does not seem that way when you think about the Knicks. I think I read that they spent $120 million dollars on a group of no more than 8 players that combined for 82 man games. You would think that burying Redden would be a non-issue when looking at those numbers.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote