Thread: Hockey Workouts
View Single Post
Old
06-29-2010, 10:59 AM
HowToHockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catingub View Post
Just have a question pertaining to "Complete Conditioning for Hockey." What happens if you don't know how to skate? Are you still able to do the ice hockey drills playing street hockey?
yeah man, the book is filled with off ice workouts to improve everything to do with hockey. I have the book next to me

the back says

"Increase strength to carry the puck through traffic. Pack more power when checking and opponent. Improve quickness and agility and create angles for higher percentage shots." ......."This book and DVD package features a comprehensive training approach that will build players physical abilities as well as the hockey specific skills required for skating, puck handling, passing, shooting, and body checking"

It covers basic stuff like proper stretching and goes in depth on plyometrics and stuff like that. It also has a lot of workouts that you can do with basically some weights and a swiss ball. Also some you can do with just tape on the floor like the foot speed drills.

There are some great workouts to improve your stride and acceleration with an angled box so in high school I built one myself with some scraps I bought at home depot and some grip tape. It only costs about $20 and I used it a lot in the basement

The Hockey Movement The Hockey Movement
HowToHockey is offline   Reply With Quote