Old
06-29-2010, 02:58 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
I understand that, which is why I would sign him for 2 years.

right now we only have Staal, Rosy, MDZ so we need Girardi. But I see him as a stopgap for McIrath, McD, Valentenko, Kundratek, Pashnin, Niemi, Gilroy etc.

Maybe I would go three years. But he would definately be trade bait during the 2nd and 3rd years.

I just think he regressed alot last year. If he has another bad year, or doesn't improve his stock will go down further.

Maybe go after Mitchell, or Grebeshkov this offseason. Would still like us to get Hamhuis though, or volchenkov but he will be too pricey.

but maybe girardi could be part of a deal to get Savard. Would you think about it? I would depending what else would have to go there.

All I am saying, is I see him as an expendable part, and not really a core player. He is a nice complimentary player. But I think we could probably replace him, if not this offseason then definately by next offseason.
I don't think he regressed. I think he had an up and down first half, but that's pretty typical for him--not a regression. And I think in the second half, he was pretty solid.

I don't mind trading him, but I'd like for there to be a viable replacement for him at the same time, or at least as an imminent acquisition. I don't want to be stuck with McDonagh, Gilroy and some piece of garbage as half of our defense.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote