View Single Post
Old
06-29-2010, 08:24 PM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

vCash: 500
I'm kind of disgusted by my fellow Rangers fans this off-season.

Sure, I want McD to just sign already.
--- But I'm not misconstruing every lame media report of out-of-context quotes about playing at school and crying that he's a self-entitled little brat who should be traded before his stock plummets.

Sure, I thought we could have done better with our #10 pick than McIlrath.
--- But I'm actually pretty psyched to see what he can do and don't think it was a terrible selection; just surprised to see him go that high.

Sure, I don't think EC has earned much leverage and that he kind of should be grateful that Sather and the NYR helped him get back on track.
--- But I'm not going to be all "screw you! don't let the door hit you on the way out" when he refuses a very marginal offer. Even if he only puts up 45 points, he'll still likely be around 4th on the team and easily worth the 250k more or so it would have taken to lock him up.

Sure, I'm worried a little when I hear there's a "chasm" between Staal and management at this point in the contract negotiations.
--- But I don't think Staal's a greedy shark and I'm not ready to turn on him.

And on, and on...

Every thing that has happened this off-season has been met by ugly, knee jerk reactions from the majority of this board. Get a grip. Any player who doesn't sign in NY for the price you want them to, when you want them to is a major a-hole to you guys. Reeeelax.

Ollie Queen is offline   Reply With Quote