06-29-2010, 11:04 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
nope ... because he hasn't played in over 2 years
... what?

Forsberg played with MODO this year and was named to the Swedish Olympic team. He has been training regularly for the last two years and even got in a few matches with MODO in 08-09 to test out his foot.

I would be willing to fly to Ornskoldsvik, personally pick him up and bring him back here on my own dime if it meant he suited up for 60 games in a Predators' uniform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
It's Foppa guys. Totally Foppa
... Forsberg didn't play at the Worlds. Andersson did. (EDIT: Jagr did, too, which is pretty awesome, but I can't imagine he would come back to the NHL to play here. At least Forsberg has some kind of connection.)

I just don't see Andersson making a significant impact on the roster. He's pushing 30, notoriously injury-prone (has missed 25+ games in five of his ten years as a pro), and his greatest successes have come in the SM-Liiga, which has been paced in scoring by such world-class talents as Toni Koivisto, Justin Morrison, Steve Kariya, and Jukka Hentunen (who is the only player out of the four with a World Championship appearance).

It seems to me like we would be better off just letting a kid like Halischuk take that spot, especially when there's no guarantee Andersson would make the team out of camp.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote