View Single Post
Old
06-30-2010, 12:59 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Good stuff, but i'd suggest a 3 day split. I usually do something like Chest + biceps on day 1, legs + triceps on day 2, and back + shoulders/traps on day 3. All days with cardio. You don't wanna work the same muscle groups 2 days in a row, they need enough time to recuperate before you work them out again (even if you don't plan on doing huge amounts of weight). Hope this helps.

edit: and it doesn't matter if you miss a day, just continue the plan. If you miss day two, just do your day 2 the next day you can go to the gym.
I believe I do 110 lbs or something with the barbell(i need to buy more weights I know).
25 lbs dumbbell.

I'm one of those guys that is stronger than sum of all his parts. In the gym, I would probably suck. Outside of the gym, i'm stronger than most people. I can handle the weights without issue, It's just a matter of learning to have a more consistent endurance strenght wise and cardio wise. So i'm playing around with lower weights to start a base. I assume in a month i'll either adds reps/sets. In another month i'll alter exercises to make sure my body doesn't adjust too easily.

Not sure if i'll split into groups. I want to try and get a base before school starts. Once fall hits I doubt I have much time to do it everyday so I'll get proper rest then. Pushing myself a bit for the summer won't hurt. I feel no soreness or whatever. So it isn't really a problem if I make sure I don't over do it. Maybe i'll mix it up just the same, I'll see.