View Single Post
Old
06-30-2010, 06:09 AM
Little Nilan

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
I wasn't saying weight training was useless ... but I think a home work-out with dumb-bells and a bench is sufficient. Throw in a pull-up bar, and The Perfect push-up you can get from GNC or Walmart and you're on your way to a decent body... one that looks natural and less "pumped" and artificial.

No power rack? Train your legs guys, you guys not training legs look ridiculous. Even if you think your legs are fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
Well, you know that I'm a science guy. But I don't know how much what I'm going to say is backed up by science this time, and to be honest, I've had enough first-hand proof to make my opinion on this.

I remember we had a really good lecture about this from one of the best, and the best paid too, personal trainer in the province. The guy has a good scientific background, he's no slouch but he's known to be good because he delivers results like no other. He gets results, period. This is a mindset that I really appreciated, because, well results matter in the end, no? Well, he said, maximum 50-55 minutes, excluding a short warm-up and cool-down is the way to go. Actually, he said that a 50-55 minute workout should be optimal if we're aiming for body composition, so this is including warmups and everything . The premise of the concept is the hormonal response of our body. It made sense, but what made all this even better is that, we actually get results this way, every single time. We have people not progressing with 1 h 30 workouts, then we put them on a 50 minute workout and bam, it works. We see that so often that I don't even need to look through scientific studies to back this up imo.
I've had no results on 50 minute workouts and lots of results on high volume, 1h15 minute workouts . It does make sense, but it seems there are too many variables for a one size fits all.