Thread: News Article: Fight in camp
View Single Post
Old
06-30-2010, 08:15 AM
ruckus*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
oh my god really? is this what we're concerned about?

i'm wondering how the hell a north american (and somewhat bland one) can have that much intensity and scrap with a russian who knows no english. must have been purely based on play.
Exactly.

Some of you are reading way too much into this.

It was pretty clear to me from reading Gross' blog about it yesterday that Pashnin stood out the entire scrimmage.

Apparently Pashnin had a late hit/hit from behind/one that Werek did not think too highly of and he went after Pashnin.

It was impossible from the description to determine whether or not this was a real fight.

I got the impression that Werek went right after him and then had to be pulled away by players.

So they both probably threw a few punches but I don't think this was a drop the gloves and square off type of deal.

After the scrimmage when asked about it Pashnin said that he expected Werek to respond the way he did but that Werek also had a dirty hit on him earlier in the scrimmage.

You could tell that some of the players didn't like Pashnin's exuberance and probably thought he was being reckless and arrogant.

When they asked McIlrath about him after the scrimmage he didn't want to talk about it.

I'm sure Dylan would've loved to knock some sense into him.

I love it all the way around. You need guys with skill and talent and emotion and a little flair like Pashnin.

But I also don't want the other prospects we have who are getting burned by him to not get extremely irritated by it.

Perfect scenario all the way around if you ask me. Good job boys.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote