View Single Post
Old
06-30-2010, 11:00 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireHolmgrenDotCom View Post
I am not seeing it honestly. He doesnt have the hands to be a top 9 guy let alone a top 6 guy. I will give you hes on par talentwise with Kalinski. hes better defensively then Asham.
But Powe is a strong PKer on this team and could chip in with some goals every now and then. Carcillo when he has his head on straight has more talent then Nodl.
Hes a dime a dozen 4th line guy. 30-40 points? maybe in the AHL.
His hands are far and above Powe's.

And I agree Powe is a better, faster PKer now with more energy. That's something Nodl will have to grow into. He may never be as tenacious as Powe, but he's got the ability to be a strong forechecker.

I disagree with Carcillo's talent as well. Even if you want to argue their talent level is similar, Carcillo's a dime-a-dozen 4th line guy.

You know who else is dime-a-dozen? Betts, Laperriere, Asham, Powe, Carcillo, etc.

Nobody wants to hear Laperriere is dime-a-dozen because everyone loves him so much. The truth is that even though Laperriere's drive/effort is certainly awesome, his talent is certainly replaceable.

I can easily say that about Laperriere, who is fairly easily my favorite bottom sixer on the team.

So calling a bottom 6 player dime-a-dozen shouldn't be an argument when by nature, bottom 6 players generally are dime-a-dozen.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote