View Single Post
Old
06-30-2010, 11:56 AM
jb**

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
In all seriousness, WTF is Homer's plan with this offseason?

1a) We traded for Hamhuis' rights; tried and failed to sign him.

1b) Yesterday there were reports that Holmgren was all hot and bothered about Volchenkov, and I read somewhere today that we're also interested in Paul Martin. Given all those options, and your interest in 'em... why trade for Hamhuis' rights?

2a) Related to the above, he was babbling about keeping all these D, which would obviously constrict our cap space and leave our dick in the wind on signing a goalie of any merit.

2b) We "trade" for the negotiating rights to Nabokov, and are allowed to talk to Turco (who we apparently made a contract offer to).

2c) We now have an "imminent" re-signing of Michael Leighton? Why? The two goalies you've already talked to are unsigned and probably just want to see what the market is like. There is absolutely no good reason to sign Michael Leighton today... did we learn nothing from last year?

Stop running around like a friggin chicken with its head cut off.
the bold, there is a good reason, Shooter is in panick mdoe right now. Why i have no diea. That is my take. No one os goign to offer him a starting role or imo even compete for one. I doubt they will give as much $ for a backup role that the flyers would. Shooter has the upper hand imo, though i could be dead wrong.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote