View Single Post
Old
06-30-2010, 01:15 PM
CTU2fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude boivin lives View Post
If we're not bringing back Asham to fill out the top 9 in a 3rd line wing kind of role...I'd want the guy replacing Asham to be a significant upgrade offensively. Would Dawes be that? I do like that he'd bring more speed.

I don't expect Asham to be back, but I'm a little torn on him. There are certainly games where he frustrates me, and I wish someone a little faster and more talented were in his place out there. On the other hand, there are also a lot of games where I love what he brings to the table, especially when you consider his cap hit. Also, his art of zen fighting style has made him just about my favorite hockey fighter ever. He's a badass middleweight, and we'll miss that a little bit.

I'd have no interest in him as a 4th liner...or, so to speak, a Powe replacement. I think Powe is just about the perfect 4th liner, and I want him back for sure.
This is about where I am. I really like Asham, I have a soft spot for guys who max out their talent, and that's what Asham is. But if Asham goes I like Dawes in that spot; if the lines stay relatively the same he's a better bet to bury the chances he'll get playing with Giroux and JVR.

CTU2fan is offline   Reply With Quote