View Single Post
Old
03-28-2005, 11:46 AM
jt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blind willie
I'm going to disagree with you on this one. It's greed on both sides that set up this showdown. I for one am not going to pay major league money to see minor league talent. By showing up, I would be letting the NHL know that I don't care what kind of product they put on the ice.
I'm not so sure I see the "greed" by the owners. I see some stupidity (Rangers, Stars, Caps, Leafs, Flyers, Blues) and in some ways the opposite of greed (overpaying players and actually LOSING money). But for the most part, I see owners who are smart and try to run good hockey clubs WITHOUT much greed. I mean, how can you say any of these teams are greedy: Ducks, Thrashers, Bruins, Sabres, Flames, Canes, Hawks, Avs, BJ's, Wings, Oilers, Panthers, Kings, Habs, Preds, Devils, Isles, Sens, Coyotes, Pens, Sharks, Lightning, Canucks?

The only thing I accuse "the owners" of is not having the nads to stand up to the players in 1994 and cancel THAT season instead of this one. But that was a damn hard choice to make then because they were making at lease some money then...now most aren't making any.