Thread: Speculation: Dubinsky's next contract
View Single Post
Old
06-30-2010, 03:01 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Care to elaborate? if Dubi is getting $3.5-4 mil, certainly Callahan is getting a comparable salary if they're both putting up around the same # of goals and points... That's too much money to pay for the production they provide and the eventual roles they'll slide into when our prospects with higher upside develop some more... Callahan and Dubinsky will likely find themselves on our 3rd line...

What if both players continue to progress after their next contract, what will their next contracts look like, upwards of $5 mil?

I like Dubinsky as much as anyone but not to the point where I'm willing to overpay him for the role he fills on this team...
What makes you think Callahan and Dubinsky are going to be putting up similar offensive numbers for their careers? Dubinsky outscored Callahan by 7 points in 8 less games this season, and I fully expect that trend to continue. Why? Because Dubinsky is the better offensive player in nearly every facet of the game.

If Dubinsky scores 20-25 goals and 55-60 points like I fully expect him to do next season, you cant **** him with salary just because you think Chris Krieider is going to take his place in a couple of years. Thats the very definition of bad managing.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote