Thread: Larry Brooks: Rangers will pay if Shelley leaves
View Single Post
Old
06-30-2010, 03:46 PM
haveandare

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Listen man I am not going to get into a pissing match with you. It is publicly known that Torts likes to bully certain guys and has a publc dislike for certain players. The facts are out there read them. Mara,Orr Lisin alone on the Rangers.
I'm just going to throw this out there, but not 1 of those 3 was worth holding on to. He dislikes players for valid reasons. Lisin is a disaster, good guy by all indications, but not an NHL caliber player. Orr is one of the best at gooning it up, but a goon at the end of the day, not a terribly unique skillset or anything. Mara was a great guy and an okay player, definitely NHL caliber but certainly not irreplaceable and I was always a bit put off by his lack of emotion when it was called for.

I think its funny how often people say Torts is a "bully". By its literal definition bullying is using your power over someone to make them do what you want them to do. That sounds a lot like coaching to me. The word has negative connotations, but any good coach in any sport should use their power over their players to make them do what they want. How you do it is the key I suppose. I know you don't approve of how Torts gets the players to perform, but I do and many others do as well. Honestly, I always found it kind of strange that you seem very drawn to the toughness angle of the game and yet you don't approve of a coach's actions when they are really all about being tough and making players work for their minutes. I don't mean that as a personal attack at all, we all have our quirks and like the game or certain characters in it for different reasons, that just stood out to me as sort of interesting.

Anyway, those players weren't worth keeping in my opinion and he was doing his job as the coach of the team to get rid of them.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote