View Single Post
Old
06-30-2010, 04:03 PM
E = CH²

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
Are you serious? Halak is asking for at least $4-5m per year. If we sign Ellis to $2m, we essentially have both goaltenders under what Halak was making.
4M-2M = 2M. Hard concept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
I don't know... I wonder if Biron has 30-40 solid games in him. You never know. Price might just get hurt for all we know.

The additionnal bucks would be valuable cap space to get beter players, too. That being said, having two capable goalies is something pretty damn tempting. That being said, I would take Biron, Boyd and Torres before Ellis, Boyd and nothing else.
Biron can play 30 games easily. And he was a good back up to Miller.

Two capable goalies is another controversy waiting to happen in Montreal. Can't wait for the day when we don't have to worry about goaltending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic33 View Post
He would most likely play 35-40 games this year. I don't see Price coming in and carrying the load for 60+ games. Plus, I would rather we sign a guy like Ellis to take some heat off Price. No need to rush him anymore. Something like 40 games this year, 45-50 next year, then 60 the year after would be ideal. This is all dependent on whether or not he actually earns the right to play 40 games a year.
If Price isn't going to be able to play 60 games, why the hell did we trade Halak.

We have to assume management thought Price could handle 60-70 games.

Otherwise, that means we're thinking about rebuilding. Which makes no sense considering the general direction the team is headed in.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote