View Single Post
Old
06-30-2010, 08:12 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predaceous View Post
I can't imagine for the life of me why Poile would throw out that nugget about a mystery signee only to have it be Jonas Andersson, but I digress. We'll find out tomorrow.

D
I totally agree. I'm disappointed with Poile about that because he inadvertently created a buzz (I think he's honestly excited, but simply knows he can't announce the signing until tomorrow for whatever reason) and should have just kept his mouth shut...

When/if Jonas Andersson is the "unnamed" forward signed tomorrow it's going to not sit well with a lot of fans who will immediately think of the Jonas Andersson that went scoreless in 5 games with the Predators many moons ago.

It sets up a bad situation IMO because Andersson is going to need to prove A LOT to the fans once camp starts to justify being our signing on July 1st. It's not a fair situation for him to come into because he has matured since that time and really put it together the past three years in Europe.

All I hope for is that people give the guy a fair shake and evaluate him based on his play this time around, rather than hold his play from the pre-lockout era against him from the start...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote