Thread: Proposal: Maxim Afinogenov to the Avs...
View Single Post
Old
07-01-2010, 12:34 AM
the_fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanGetz View Post
I know we disagree on just about everything, but do you not feel at all like embracing the new direction of the team? It was awesome spending $100mil a year back in the day, those were great times. But it's a different league now, and for better or worse we have to deal with it.

Even though I'm sad there aren't anymore Forsbergs, Roys, or Sakics on the team anymore, I'm really excited to see how our 20 year old core can grow over the next several seasons.
I'm all for winning, and i would want nothing more than to see the avs on top again. I'm just not all that optimistic like most of you on here thinking that a team without any top notch forwards, and top notch dmen can win.

Maybe this whole rebuilding process is going bit too slow for me, and i just want the 2001 to repeat soon, but come on we all know that a winning team is built with impact players.

Eventually we are going to see some big name signings for the avs, if not this year, then perhaps next year or year after that, but it bound to happen

the_fan is online now   Reply With Quote