View Single Post
Old
07-01-2010, 10:06 AM
Dave33
Still smiling

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryRose View Post
In this market it's the BESTand some might argue, only way, depending on the sport and team.

IK, a Russian (who granted speaks perfect English and is very bright) who prefers his privacy isn't a marketing bonanza unless he's scoring 70 goals a year, breaking records, and basically forces his way into the local media and/or ESPN. Come on guys, I get it that the fans want The Kings to magically become the big game in town because IK dons the Chevy logo, but it ain't happening.

it's 9 somewhere !
I'm not saying he will have that kind of impact but this town is all about star ****ing and being able to show that we grabbed one will help. Remember the Kopi hype rookie year? People who weren't fans started to hear about him, same thing is possible/likely with Ilya. Whether the Kings are capable of a good marketing campaign is another story altogether.

It's similar to the team itself, all of us nutjobs are the core, Kovy can be used to help fill the rest

I don't think any of us think the Kings would be the biggest draw with Kovy, hell even with Crosby, this will always be the Lakers city.

Dave33 is offline   Reply With Quote