Old
07-01-2010, 10:50 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
We gave SK away.

And I don't have a problem with it in a nutshell. Because that's what it had come down to.

But if you take a step back and look at the whole SK saga, you come up with two possible conclusions :

1. We didn't work with him to get the most out of him.

And/or

2. We didn't assess him properly and ended up with our hands tied forced to trade him when his value was at its lowest.

It's possible that SK is a real headcase and there was nothing to be done with him in Montreal, that there's no way it could have worked because of the baggage he carried and what not. But the real problem is that we didn't recognize this sooner and dealt him for equivalent value. If the player is a problem, deal him before it gets to the point where he has no value anymore, or work with him to make those problems go away.

Habs failed somewhere with SK. I can't tell you where, but every time you deal a player of SK's potential and caliber for nothing, it's a failure. A big giant fail boat.
You know I agree with you 100% and while knowing SK might TOTALLY be a nutcase, it's not the first case that this organization has lost somebody that way. SK had everything to be a dominant player. How can you go from dominant to enemy #1? Yes, he has his problems. Yes, it's not always the organization's fault. But geez, how many times will that happen....But you look at Gauthier, who doesn't feel like it's necessary to talk to Halak's agent, you look at Martin who doesn't talk to his players, and you know that communication isn't an important trait in this organization. Sad really.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote