Thread: News Article: Kings Look Set for a Big Deal
View Single Post
Old
07-01-2010, 11:12 AM
kingbrath

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryRose View Post
you're not getting it. it isnt comparable because the opportunity to capitalize on a IK or Ovie signing isnt even CLOSE to the one provided to the Kings w/ gretzky. it isnt the same planet, galaxy, or universe. It never will be. Lightning struck that day, it isn't happening again on any comparable level. I wont even buy the "this is the first time since then we've had blah blah blah" argument. This is strictly a team upgrade, if the results are that the team makes it to the second round or beyond, or leads the pacific all season, you might see a bump. A press conference isn't going to cut it. Even if IK cries
Lightning struck! Different times, different team I get it...the change is I think this team has a solid core that was lacking in the Gretzky era. The piece that we need is well known and the piece that is avaliable is there for the taking. I am from Calgary and only make it to LA 2 or 3 times a year for games so I may not know the LA hockey bible as well as you. All im saying is that Kovy will bring what we need to this team which will bring success which will bring ticket sales.

kingbrath is offline   Reply With Quote