View Single Post
Old
07-01-2010, 04:11 PM
Passthedonuts

vCash: 500
Believe me or don't, but Jeff Tambellini is a friend of mine and I just spoke to him on the phone. I'm thrilled, he is here.

He is ecstatic, this is a kid who grew up around the Canucks organization, still spends his off season here and loves this team. He is a good locker room guy, is hardworking, and doesn't have any red flags with his character.

As a player, he is 26 now, so no longer a prospect, but still has a good upside. He is a great offensive player and was terribly misued on Long Island. Islander fans were glad to see him go, but the jury is still out in his potential. The Islanders track record of player development speaks for itself, so him having an opportunity on a contending and well managed club will bring out the best in him.

Prime example, he was benched for a series of games after registering a hat trick.

At best, he develops into a poor mans Raymond. At worst, he becomes the best player on the Moose.

This is probably his last chance to prove himself as a full-time NHLer and he takes it really seriously.

That said, it will be interesting to see how Vigneault uses him. He may be a project similar to Wellwood, but he is certainly proud to be a Canuck, which is exactly what you want.

Passthedonuts is offline   Reply With Quote