View Single Post
Old
07-01-2010, 07:23 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDizzle View Post
From all I've been reading/hearing it really seems like Ballard and Hamhuis are very similar.

Not overly tall, both about 6feet, 210-ish, very physical when needed (both like hip checking), good puck moving d-men that are good at all aspects of D but aren't "offensive D-men" nor "defensive D-men", and are both durable.

They were even born 17 days apart.

Do we have a new set of "twins" on our team or what?
There are certainly a lot of similarites. Though I would say Ballard is more of a risk taking, offensive defenseman that likes to jump up in the rush, whereas Hamhuis seems to prefer the safe play.

It'll be interesting to see what type of point production we get out of these 2 in a very attack oriented, offensive system that gives the dmen the green light to jump up in the play. The Canucks coaching staff certainly doesn't seem to have a problem with their defensemen being very aggressive in the opposition's end.

There's no reason to believe the Canucks won't once again have the highest scoring defense in the NHL next season. I'm expecting the Canucks to once again lead the West in goals for.

This has to be a good week for Roberto Luongo. I'd be curious to hear his comments on the 3 big acquisitions this offseason to date. Malhotra, Hamhuis and Ballard should go a long way in getting the captain back on track.

Drop the Sopel is offline   Reply With Quote