Old
07-01-2010, 10:44 PM
jd2210
Registered Non User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amateur Hour View Post
http://www.csnphilly.com/07/01/10/Pa...589&feedID=704

Homer actually believes what he's saying. ****. That entire article makes me want to cry. I especially love the part about Turco "genuinely" wanting to sign here, yet Homer seemingly refusing to offer him more than $2M per season. So, a proven NHL starting goalie isn't worth more than $2M per season, yet a flash-in-the-pan journeyman minor league goalie who gave up some of the worst goals in hockey history in the Stanley Cup Finals is worth $1.55M per season and, quite possibly, the starter's role? Why -- how -- does this make sense to Paul Holmgren? I don't even have the words to describe how upset I am by all this. It's only going to be worse once we unload one of our pricey forwards merely for cap relief -- cap relief that wouldn't have been needed had we not signed Michael Leighton for $1.55M, Jody Shelley for $1.1M, and Sean O'Donnell for $1M. That's $3.65M of cap space pissed away, and only one of those players (Leighton) serves a real purpose.
Maybe it's just the optimist in me but I read that article as posturing for the sake of making Turco cheaper. "Hey Turco, we are happy with what we have right now and the other teams already signed guys today. Wanna work? Better be ready to sign cheap."

jd2210 is offline   Reply With Quote