Thread: Speculation: Trade coming soon?
View Single Post
Old
07-02-2010, 12:52 AM
hockeyball

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt trick View Post
I have always wanted Kubina. He is a solid minute eating d-man, who adds the big point shot- we don't have one, clears the crease (Wallin and Murray do as well, but are inept offensively), he is a winner. If he will take 4 million, we absolutely should consider it. With that said, Setoguchi is a much higher priority for me.

Also, I'd have no problem with White or Hammarlson at 3.0 via offer sheet, but they'd have better have Seto signed if that is the route they are going.
All are fine with me, Mitchell is fine with me as well. Frankly I'm ok with Souray too. He's not ideal cap wise, but as a player I think he'd be a decent fit.

The biggest downside to most of the guys that are left in UFA is none of them are great skaters. Decent, but not great.

I'm also kind of leaning towards putting Demers with Vlasic and getting Boyle a superior partner. He's never really had a high skill partner, and I think that would make a huge difference for him. Having a guy back there with a booming point shot that he can rely on defensively to cover his ass when he pinches.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote