Thread: Speculation: Trade coming soon?
View Single Post
Old
07-02-2010, 05:39 AM
Tealblood

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineShark View Post
Perhaps more than last week, Burke would move Kaberle for Clowe and Huskins. Their top need to me is a PF on the left and Clowe really fits what Burke likes in a player. I'm still not sure that's the best for the Sharks. We would need to get a top 6 wing or expect Couture to take that role which is a lot for the second line. Defense would look a lot better with

Boyle Murray
Kaberle Vlasic
Wallin Demers

But agree with all your points re Corvo on Kubina ... maybe add Willie Mitchell as a high risk low cost alternative. Would be funny to see Vancouver dump Ehrhoff back to us. (obviously not a likely outcome)
of course he would move kaberle for that, kaberle is a one year rental, he's going back east next offseason.

I don't mind moving clowe, just not for kaberle.

Kubina would be a good fit here, he's been on a lot of crappy teams but did win the cup with boyle(not as productive as boyle though, only 4 assists but did play 20 mins a game). Corvo might come cheaper though, kubina made 5m cap hit in his last contract.

I wouldn't mind mitchell if the price was right, but worry about him missing half the season last year including the playoffs. When he has gone to the playoffs he's only scored 1 goal in 45 games. He's not exactly the puckmoving qb that these other FA's are. But he's a leader and pretty good defensively. I think I'd rather go for someone who can score a bit more though

Tealblood is offline   Reply With Quote