View Single Post
Old
07-02-2010, 09:35 AM
mikedifr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan1221 View Post
...says he should come to Philly then this signing is OK by me
I am fine with this signing on its own, its everything else that doesnt make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert B Frobe View Post
I tend to agree with you but he decided to add a really good defenseman instead of a goalie for now. Meszaros could likely replace either Carle or Coburn - more likely Carle since Coburn was just re-signed. I expect that a trade will be made for Carle at some point before the season begins. Either that or somebody takes him for picks and we sign Turco.
If that happens, I am perfectly fine with the moves made yesterday (other than Shelley which was probably the dumbest, most useless move I have seen in my 30 years watching hockey....well, maybe other than Billy Tibbets

I would be perfectly fine with

Meszaros Pronger
Coburn Timonen
Bartulis Odonnell

Especially if we can get a better goalie than Leighton. When Ellis signed for the same down in TB I was really pissed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by might2mash View Post
Yep, you're right. I don't understand why he's so scared of paying market price for the impact players but instead takes on overpaid contracts and gives up picks so willingly.
Cause he is a moron and a terrible manager....there is more to building a team these days than throwing money around....prior to the cap Homer probably would have been awesome, with the cap he is horrible.

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote