Old
07-02-2010, 09:47 AM
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
HyeDray, you make a lot of good points.

Until the isles get back into the playoffs and show they are on the right track,we can't be surprised that the top ufas prefer to sign with playoff teams.I know I would if I were a pro athlete.
Yes, you are correct. In fact, a lot of people on the boards have been saying that and they are indeed correct.

However... I think everyone is either missing or just refusing to acknowledge one big point...

In order for the team to make the playoffs and make some noise in the playoffs... OUTSIDE HELP is needed! The team as is will not make it. We need outside help. If we can't get outside help until we show something, does anyone else see a problem there? It's a cycle that's virtually impossible to escape from.

Sure, 3 years down the road and a few more top draft picks added along the way, in theory we could be ready to contend without any outside help. But at that point, some of our young guns will be free agents and will jet to vancouver, NYR, Philly, etc. Guess what happens then? That's right... another 5-7 year re-build that will only be followed by yet another re-build.

Twine Seeking Missle is offline   Reply With Quote