Thread: Rumor: A. Kostitsyn on the move
View Single Post
Old
07-02-2010, 10:30 AM
Andy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan44 View Post
Frolov has had issues with every L.A. King's coaching staff since he landed in La-La land and if he ended up in Montreal i'd be willing to bet that the poster's who want him now , would be the same one's who would be calling for his head before Christmas .
Cammy had issues with the Kings management. Gm Lombardi and Coach Murray are very anal about what they want from players in terms of character, if you don't have the character their looking for, then it's very easy to fall in their dog-house. Plus, Frolov had problems at the begining of the year and was benched for like a game. He came back and was given 3rd line defensive duties for most of the season and still put up 51 points.

Kings fans actually like Frolov and are always quick to de-bunk the "lazy" myth that gets associated with him.

Frolov is a great two-way player(a poor man's Hossa) who uses his size, this last point cannot be stressed enough. Sure he has trouble with consistency, but he's isn't at the level of Andrei Kostitsyn in that department.

Now I like Andrei, one of my favorite players, but if he were replaced by Frolov it would be a significant upgrade.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote