Worst GM in the league
View Single Post
10-01-2003, 01:33 PM
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Petr Klima's Trunk
Originally Posted by
Now that Boucher is left unprotected and considering what Phoenix gave up for him, I am ready to declare that Mike Barnett is the worst Gm in the league taking the title from Bobby Clarke.
Trading Letowski for Pederson and Berehowski - Why?
Trading a good young prospect Abid for a tool in Hrdina - Again Why?
Trading Briere for Gratton,- no rhyme or reason there.
Trading Markov for Tanabe?
Trading long life leader Numminen for Mike Sillinger
Signing Cleary, Lemieux?
I think the case is pretty clear, the sad thing is Cliff Fletcher had re-built that team in one summer and along comes Gretxky's agent buddy with a clueless agenda.
Semantics are a wonderful thing.
1. You mean the Letowski that Vancouver thought was so valuable that they didn't bother qualifying him?
2. Hrdina is a big centre who dominates on the draws. He's had decent stats, and is excellent defensively. Abid has been through the draft twice, and still hasn't stuck anywhere. He could end up being a great young player, but has proved squat so far.
3. Briere for Gratton. Stinky. Stinky. Totally agree there.
4. Markov for Tanabe. Tanabe has the tools to turn into a Tom Poti clone...big offensive upside. Markov is a very good defenseman who wanted a significant raise...
5. Numminen...agree with his leadership and great career, but he was on his last legs. I'm not a big Sillinger fan either, but Numminen was very much on the decline.
My point is that he's surely made some rotten moves, but I think there are several managers out there who are equally bad and worse.
View Public Profile
Visit PigeonCamera's homepage!
Find More Posts by PigeonCamera