View Single Post
Old
07-02-2010, 01:06 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Singleton View Post
That is the crux of the argument for sure. The kicker is that I believe that it's based on a false premise.

Can you not move Dumont to free cash? Can you improve the roster by moving Dumont and still be within your budget?

Many people have brought those questions to the table. Glenn even mentioned Kovy in this very thread. I've mentioned Semin before. Poile even looked at Kessel with a salary just below what he received. Nobody wants to go there.

Sure there are some obstacles to overcome- Dumont's NMC for one. But those can be achieved as the Arnott trade proved.

It's one thing to be happy with the roster or would prefer to not trade a Dumont-for-Kovy (for example) on the Predators roster.

It's another thing to claim that this team can't improve its roster due to its budget. Unless the budget has gone down significantly, that's hogwash.

If it has gone down, then they certainly can't keep Weber or Suter as time goes on (nor the franchise in Nashville).
Sully's salary goes primarily to funding the Weber extension. Dumont's goes to funding Suter. If we trade Dumont to bring in Kovy and the additional $3mil in salary we then spend the money that is most likely allocated to keeping our top blueline pairing.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote