View Single Post
Old
03-30-2005, 01:37 AM
TrueBlue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiedaeagle20
I heard some time back that he plans on selling the Knights after this season. Could he be looking to buy into a NHL team much like mario and wayne did? I personally would welcome Dale as a partial owner of the Leafs, with a plan to take the Leafs to the cup. I'm tired of these non hockey guys having full reign over the goings on of the Leafs. Not that the people they have hired are bad people, just it would be good to know from the top down everyone is on the same page. And I can't argue with the job he has done in London. If dale is looking for another challenge, the he's welcome to take a crack at the Leafs.
And another thing. I don't think Hunter has even a miniscule chance of becoming a part owner of the Leafs. That's like asking the Teachers Union to give up their share which will never happen.

Only reason why Gretz and Mario own those teams is because nobody else wants to own them or that they are having a hard time finding somebody to buy into them.

The Leafs are different. They got people lined up who want to have some kind of stake in the Leafs.