View Single Post
Old
07-02-2010, 04:17 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
It should also be noted that our PK was ranked 28th last year with him leading the way.

I don't think he's anywhere close to a 4.5m defenseman. His best years were with Timonen, which makes life easier.

He'll give you about 10 good hipchecks a year... other than that, he's not physical. Not much of any presence in front of the net. He can move the puck up ice pretty good and has good positioning. He's prone to turnovers and gets beat one-on-one pretty regularly (despite good positioning).

I'm not the biggest fan. If it was me, I'd much rather have Michalek or Volchenkov. Hamhuis may be able to move the puck a little better, but their physical play and reliable defense make them more appealing to me.
I won't lie. It's not very often I agree with you. With that said, this is an excellent post. He doesn't use his physicality. Maybe it was a contract year issue, but as far as I'm concerned Hamhuis is a wimp. He can be both great positionally and great physically, but he also seems to limit himself. Athletes are prone to do that, but this is hockey. Not football...

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote