Old
07-02-2010, 04:55 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 470
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am The Mush View Post
The series of moves that lead up to this and this itself are mistakes. He deserved more loyalty than that...and all the people who are okay with this are hopefully not the same people who scoff when players go for the most money they can get. It's a business, and when that trumps other things, it really sucks.
I have no problem showing a player loyalty, but when it comes down to it, you gotta do what's best for the team. We have no idea what is coming back (if anything, if there even is a trade). If it is Gagne for peanuts just to clear space for some chump. Then it is a bad trade. If it is for a decent player with a smaller cap hit with room for a goalie, how can you complain? Yeah he is the longest tenured Flyer on the team, but if another team wants him and will give us a better chance to win, you gotta throw loyalty out the door. If it was all about loyalty Leighton would have gotten a lifetime contract for saving the season last year. Same with Boucher. I am interested in seeing what happens with this Gagne deal. Usually when Eklund moves it to an e4 it winds up going down. Hopefully the pooch is not screwed.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote