View Single Post
Old
07-02-2010, 05:38 PM
Kickassguy

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Kickassguy Send a message via MSN to Kickassguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickassguy View Post
So you're copping out. Own up to your own damn point.

What kind of players would you target? What would you give up? Throw out some names in a theoretical context, if you're having issues with who may or may not be "available".
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMyGlasses View Post
While I find it flattering that you believe i have the same information as to who is available as a NHL general manager, but once again, I honestly don't know who is available.

That said, over the months I've made it known the kinds of players I'd like on this team.
I'm told we shouldn't draft big, aggressive players at the draft because it is a waste of a pick. "Its much easier to obtain those players through FA", these people will argue. And yet we never see it, the evidence is to the contrary. Big, aggressive players capable of playing with some skill are usually amongst the first to be snatched up, and usually at inflated prices.

If we can't draft them, and can't sign them, and can't trade for them, I guess we're stuck in some kind of brutal paradox loop. Where's Commander Data when you need him?
Let's forget about who's available for the moment then and just focus on the kinds of players you think this team needs.

I'm not trying to argue with you here or anything, and I'm sorry if it came across that way. I legitimately want to know what players you feel would be a good fit here.

I know you've mentioned Ladd and Armstrong in the recent past. Who else, names-wise?

Kickassguy is offline   Reply With Quote