View Single Post
Old
03-30-2005, 10:26 AM
goteam

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AG
Next season is going to be horrible for the Blades as they lose their leading scorer Keller and Cyr so they better start winning now because they probably wont make the playoffs next year as Russel Monette will be starting next year and he is not exactly good.
I disagree on that. I think the Blades will be just fine next year. Keller is easily replaceable and I think the Blades will make a trade to bring in a goaltender. I'm guessing there are going to trade a defenseman over the summer for a goalie - because they have 6 of their 7 regular defensemen eligible to return next year (Green - overager, Flatt, Knudsen, Haw, Eisenkirch, Crowley). And they'll need to make room for at least two defensemen IMO (two out of - Deder Klassen, Ryan Funk, and Brett Ward).

As far as forwards go - they'll be fine too. Keller is the only player from the top two lines to go. Rabbit and Setoguchi should dominate next year. I expect improvement from Bahensky and McCrae. And I think Gillies will have a good rookie year.

The Blades will be a good team next year. I expect nothing less than first in the East Division.