Thread: Proposal: Brent Burns to New Jersey...
View Single Post
Old
07-02-2010, 10:57 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
This dialog has been repeated dozens of times on these boards:

Non-Wild Fan: I heard Burns is available. Would love to get him on ___. What would it take?

Wild Fan: He's not on the block really. But if he is moved, it won't be for anything less than a young 1st line winger or a top-6 center.

Non-Wild Fan: How about a [salary dump] + young Dman + middling forward + pick

Wild Fan: Ah no. 1st line winger or top-6 center.

Non-Wild Fan: How about [weaker NHL Dman] + [forward not in NHL yet]?

Wild Fan: ? Burns won't be moved for anything BUT a young 1st line winger or top-6 center.

Non-Wild Fan: How about [mid-30s vet with 1-year on his contract] straight up?

Wild Fan: What part of young 1st line winger or top-6 center don't you get?

Non-Wild Fan: You are asking for too much. Burns isn't going to get that. Have fun trying to trade him.

Wild Fan: We aren't!
LOL.

What's funny is that our board thinks I overpayd in my proposal. The Wild would be adding a aging veteran in Rolston but showed some solid chemistry with PMB in the past, a bluechip prospect in Tedenby and a potential top 4 in Corrente who's NHL ready but would see bottom pairing minutes as of right now and a 1st round pick.

That's a terrible deal for a team that isn't a "Brent Burns" away from going to the Western conference finals. You would add depth at both positions with two solid prospects, a guy that can step in right away and a decent pick.

Before everyone jumps on the "Devils don't have any good prospects" marathon, our kids were good enough to land us IK at the deadline and Arnott a couple of weeks back.... just saying

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote