View Single Post
Old
07-03-2010, 08:58 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Even if we keep him, is it going to dramatically improve our PK since he can win a faceoff? If we let him go and lose more faceoffs, it's not like we can drop much further with our PK. I think you put Lombardi out there on the PK. I think Spaling is a smart kid who will adapt and be good in the faceoff dot. I think Legwand has improved every year in the dot. Remember him years ago, he was atrocious and see how far he's come? If Smithson's only value to us is as a faceoff guy on the PK, that is too much of a one trick pony for me. I'd rather have talent on the ice for after the faceoff than no talent on the faceoff to be stuck with stone hands.

As far as the artillery comment goes, bring it, I'm on the move today so I'll be a moving target.
Legwand was 41.7% at the dot shorthanded last season. He was over 50% in 08-09 and below 40% in 07-08.

Tootoo - one trick pony so far.
Belak - does he have a trick?
Smithson - does his trick on the PK.
Ward - 3rd/4th liner with the new additions
O'Reilly - same situation as Ward without the demonstrated performance a the NHL level. Definite trade bait already

Those are just the guys on the roster from last season who are marginalized so far. It doesn't count the guys in Milwaukee who now face a harder time getting a spot.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote