: Salary Cap:
View Single Post
07-03-2010, 09:31 AM
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Salem, MA
The cap is indeed calculated daily.
Think of it this way.
Assume there are 180 days in the regular season for calculation simplicity.
There are five 'accounts' you have to consider this year
1) Current Roster Cap - the total cap hit of all the players on the active roster and LTIR
2) Paid Cap - This starts at $0 before the regular season, and each day you add 1/180 of the current roster cap.
3) Bonus Earned - This starts at $0 before the regular season. If a bonus is earned, you add it to this account immediately and in full.
4) Current LTIR Cap - This has the cap hit of all the players on LTIR.
5) Earned LTIR Savings - This starts at $0 at the beginning of the regular season. Each day, you do the following calculation:
(Paid Cap + Current Roster Cap) - Cap Amount. If this is positive, you are over the cap, so you can earn LTIR savings in the amount of:
([Paid Cap + Current Roster Cap] - Cap Amount) * 1/180 ... obviously these savings can't be higher than Current LTIR Cap / 180, that's all that's available to you on LTIR.
Each day the following calculations are made:
1) Paid Cap + Current Roster Cap * (days remaining/180) - Earned LTIR Savings must be below the cap.
2) Paid Cap + Current Roster Cap * (days remaining/180) - Earned LTIR Savings + Bonus Earned must be less than 1.075 * cap.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by MountainHawk