View Single Post
Old
07-03-2010, 04:07 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshots1515 View Post
I get where you're coming from. It's just when I thought "Yzerman on the Avs" it seemed like an act of betrayal, not simply just a weird thing, and I just wondered if there was like some secret hatred the Stars fans had for us or something. I mean we've always been neck and neck atop the West, but there's no Lemiuex incident (or comparable) to indicate bad blood.
I get that this post is on the first page of a slightly longer thread, but I feel the need to add my 2 cents. I respect the hell out of the Detroit Red Wings. There is no bad blood, but I kind of see this as a lobsided rivalry. By and large, Stars fans get pretty geared up for Red Wings - Stars games. You guys are kind of like the slightly older brother who is just that much better than us. We win sometimes, but it usually feels like it was because you had an off-game rather than the Stars simply beating the Wings.

For the record, I'm pretty light on these rivalries. Zetterberg and Datsyuk are two of my favorite hockey players. That said, I know there are quite a few Stars fans who loathe the Red Wings. I've said it before, but Detroit may be the best fit for Modano now, but if he signs there I will throw up in my mouth a little when I actually see him in the winged wheel.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote