View Single Post
Old
07-03-2010, 06:16 PM
GaborikEqualsGod1995*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post
Folks, not to be the negative nancy around here, but we're not competing next season. Hell, I'd be shocked if we didn't finish last in the division next season.

We missed the playoffs last season, and that was with a healthy Lundqvist and a quasi-healthy Gaborik that played 70-odd games. Imagine if one of those guys went down early or mid season?

Take a look around the division; the Islanders are only going to get better, and if they sign Kovalchuk, he makes them that much better. The Devils addressed their defensive gaps by signing Volchenkov and Tallinder. The Flyers are most likely getting Turco and improved their defense by trading for Mezsaros and locking up Coburn. The Penguins now have arguably the best team in the league, signing Michalek and Martin to shore up their defense, along with their three centers of doom.

And what have we done? Re-signed the same guys that got us to a 9th place finish last season, and brought in the biggest mofo in the league that hasn't scored a goal in years. Every team in our division improved dramatically this offseason, except for us. I'm not saying that this was the wrong course of action; in fact, I agree with it for the long haul, but let's face reality here people.

It's going to be a long season
Exactly how I feel. We will be contending for the 1st overall pick next season, while struggling to score, pretty badly. Prospal is due for his down year, and Erik Christensen, a waiver wire pickup, is our first line center. We are going to suck, and I have prepared myself for it.

GaborikEqualsGod1995* is offline   Reply With Quote