View Single Post
Old
07-03-2010, 10:20 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AL-Canadian View Post
I grew up in London and still follow the hometown KNIGHTS. When SK was with them (Kane, Gagne, Bolland were his main linemates), he was ZERO problem. The Hunter brothers definitely would not of put up with any crap from teenagers on their team. SK was indeed asked to play like a VW-Beetle, when he had a Mustang mantality in Montreal, and it POed him. Tell me another player who came into the league as a 100+ pt guy, and then produce in limited time with scoring linemates BUT gets the majority of his time with scrubs and PK duty? They'd be PO'ed too.

Put Kane or Gagne (his junior linemates) with 3rd/4th line checkers and restrict their PP time and see how they'd react after producing when given the chance with scoring forwards. Give SK a chance in a not-so-media pressurized environment with good structure/good teammates - I think you'll be surprised at how well he'll do with the Preds.
Not only that, I've heard from Hamilton fans that in his time in the AHL, his coach and teammates never had any complaints or issues. No one ever considers that the coach could be at fault in these situations. In a perfect world, a player can suck it up and bear it if he's being treated unfairly...but it's not a perfect world. He might not have handled the situation ideally, but I don't think the blame falls entirely on Sergei--and that's the gist of what Poile said yesterday.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote