View Single Post
Old
07-04-2010, 04:21 AM
slapshots1515

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glovesave_35 View Post
I get that this post is on the first page of a slightly longer thread, but I feel the need to add my 2 cents. I respect the hell out of the Detroit Red Wings. There is no bad blood, but I kind of see this as a lobsided rivalry. By and large, Stars fans get pretty geared up for Red Wings - Stars games. You guys are kind of like the slightly older brother who is just that much better than us. We win sometimes, but it usually feels like it was because you had an off-game rather than the Stars simply beating the Wings.

For the record, I'm pretty light on these rivalries. Zetterberg and Datsyuk are two of my favorite hockey players. That said, I know there are quite a few Stars fans who loathe the Red Wings. I've said it before, but Detroit may be the best fit for Modano now, but if he signs there I will throw up in my mouth a little when I actually see him in the winged wheel.
Legit. See, the reason I didn't think of it as a traditional rivalry is because I was thinking more along the lines of the Avs being like an Ohio State (I'm a Michigan fan). If I see an Ohio State/Avs logo, I get angry just thinking about it, that's how deep that hate goes (though the Avs need to get relevant again...). I would liken the Stars more to Michigan State-it's a big game, we certainly like to come play hard and beat them, but afterwards I could chill with their fans for a beer and such.

Still, I know what you mean about Modano. Tough to see a longtime fan favorite go anywhere else, regardless of where. Hell, we were sad to see Yzerman go to Tampa to be a GM, despite having him in the system for his entire playing career plus several years as an executive. Some players just mean that much.

slapshots1515 is offline   Reply With Quote